Looking to get your business found online? Wondering how to get the organic traffic flowing to your new website or business startup?
Hiring a Devon SEO agency can help you improving your organic search engine rankings and bring in more traffic and potential customers to your website.
Whether you’re looking to improve local search results or target national or international markets, hiring Devon SEO specialists can make all the difference.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation, or SEO, is an important part of modern digital marketing. In fact, driving organic traffic to your site is a cost effective long term strategy, and the goal of most business marketers.
Search engine optimisation is the art and science of identifying ways to improve your visibility in the search engines (i.e; Google) with the end goal of a steady and organic stream of traffic to your website.
The trick to improving your search engine rankings normally comes down to:
- On site content such as blog posts
- Optimising your site speed and on-site experience
- Leveraging external links such as guest posts, backlinks, social media and other off page SEO
- Understanding the content strategy that will apply to your audience
- Effective keyword research and search engine strategy to target relevant content
All of these are ranking factors when it comes to getting your website content found by the search engines.
If you’re looking for high quality and effective professional SEO in Devon or Cornwall, you’ve come to the right place.
The benefits of SEO
Investing in search engine optimisation means you can rely on a steady stream of non-paid traffic. Think of it as being like having a shop in a good location on the high street. If your shop is down an alley way where nobody goes, you have less chance of converting customers.
But as soon as you are on the high street, you’ll see much more passing trade and potential conversions.
The main benefits of SEO include:
- Build organic search results
- Bring in organic traffic (i.e; not paying for ads)
- Improve your online profile vs local or global competition
- Thought leadership content can be shared widely (and even go ‘viral’)
How does SEO Work?
Most people assume that SEO means writing a blog every so often. That is part of it, but it’s kinda like saying making a cake just means you need to mix flour, sugar and eggs together. The devil is in the detail.
Search engine optimisation is a process that is multi-layered and can be complex. But, I’ll keep it super simple here.
You can check out my SEO cheatsheet on my blog – but this is the TL;DR:
- Develop your ideal customer profile (ICP), which basically means identify your audience
- Identify the keywords or search queries you want to rank for
- Create quality content designed to target that search term (but made for real people to read)
- Use SEO best practices including a consistent content strategy and social media
- Manage a strategy of pointing to this content from across the internet (backlinks and similar strategies)
- Regularly update the content and identify what is and isn’t working to improve site performance
Using professional SEO services in Devon and Cornwall can help your business get found without relying on paid ads or needing to post on social media every day.
Is SEO a fast process?
Honestly, no. SEO usually takes time and effort. There are processes involved such as creating a content posting strategy, cross posting on your social media and using other methods to get your content seen.
But there are ways to speed up your search engine rankings, or even get organic search results and traffic in a shorter amount of time.
Your industry or niche can also have an impact on your SEO results.
Take a look at this case study of a client I worked with in 2022. Traffic was trundling along at around 50 and increase to around 185 daily visits after our campaign. A 275% increase….
This campaign was started in late November 2022, with the traffic increase being seen as early as February 2023.
How much does SEO cost?
There is no solid answer to this, as it will depend on multiple factors such as the industry and requirements. In general, an SEO audit will start from around £295 for a on-site and technical audit, competitor analysis and content strategy suggestions.
A monthly SEO campaign will include keyword research, competitor research, content planning, blog writing and on-page optimisation. Prices for SEO packages start from around £500 (excl VAT).
I offer a free SEO consultation, so feel free to reach out and schedule a chat. I’ll take a look at your site, see where you are, discuss your business plans and even make some content suggestions.
So if you’re serious about your SEO and you want to discuss your search engine requirements with an SEO professional in Devon, get in touch. Wanna know who you’re chatting to? You can also check out my Linkedin profile for more info.
Schedule your free no obligation SEO chat right here…
Looking for SEO Devon? Book your free consultation today.
Want to find out more about how to get found in the search engines, how to improve your local SEO or how to do keyword research? Read more in my blog, or follow me on Linkedin.