As a small business owner, you’re probably familiar with the challenges of managing a marketing campaign. You know that it’s important to your success, but you also know that it can be difficult to find the time and resources needed to do it yourself. Not to mention taking the time to study the skills, track the analytics and even putting words on (digital) paper.
Chances are that you’ve considered hiring an agency or freelancer who will handle all aspects of your marketing for you (hence you’re reading this).
And this is exactly what we mean when we talk about ‘done for you’ marketing. Done For You Marketing (DFYM) refers to any service where someone else takes control over all or part of your marketing efforts so that YOU don’t have to worry about them anymore.
The benefits of hiring marketing services professional might be kinda obvious, but let’s dig into the reasons why DFYM is a sound investment in your business.
Perhaps most obvious, outsourcing marketing tasks saves you time and energy, which is especially beneficial for small and medium- business owners.
There are many different ways that outsourcing your marketing can help you save time. Here are some examples:
- You don’t have to spend hours researching the best strategies for your business. A professional marketing consultant will do this work for you, so all you have to do is implement their recommendations.
- If there is a new trend such as a social media platform or use of AI content, they will (should) be on the case. So you don’t need to worry about it.
- Keyword research is long winded. And there is more to it than just whacking the search terms into Ahrefs and thinking up a stack of blog posts. Let someone else spend time making spreadsheets of blog post ideas.
- Do you need to use video? Is there a lead generation method that does or doesn’t work? A digital marketing professional will have the answers.
- Should you advertise on Facebook or Instagram? How do you put a strategy together to target this audience? Leave it to your marketing pro.
- Email marketing is a time consuming task – and a key part of lead generation. Planning and executing this key part of a marketing strategy is something that a professional can handle.
The biggest benefit of outsourcing your marketing is the savings. You can save thousands by not having to pay for expensive mistakes, or monthly subscriptions for digital marketing tools.
The most common mistake small business owners make when it comes to marketing is spending too much money on advertising that doesn’t work or isn’t effective enough. This can lead them into a cycle where they’re constantly trying new things and spending more money than they should be; the opposite of what they wanted out of their marketing plan in the first place!
If you hire someone who knows what they’re doing (ahem, oh hello!), then this won’t happen because they know exactly what kinds of content will get results for your industry/niche/product line.
A good marketer will also understand the process you need to follow in order to scale up your marketing. For example, they will look at how you communicate with your potential audience at various stages of the funnel and help you optimise messaging for those conversions.
When you hire a marketing professional, they will have access to a wealth of knowledge and experience. They are able to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in their field through conferences and training sessions.
This means that they can help you make informed decisions about your marketing strategy based on real data, rather than just their own opinions or past experiences.
Check out my content marketing agency based in Devon, UK.
As your business grows, it’s likely that your marketing needs will change. For example, when you’re first starting out, you may need help with things like branding, creating a website and getting the word out about your new business.
As time goes on and more customers and prospects come in through referrals or social media channels, however, you might find yourself needing help with things like tweaking Google Ads or managing email marketing campaigns.
As we’ve said before–and as any small business owner knows–there are only so many hours in a day!
That’s why hiring someone who has experience doing what they do (and who can therefore do it better than you) can be so beneficial: They’ll take care of all those little details so that all you have to worry about is growing your company without having to worry about content strategy.
- They can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing, which is important for staying competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment
- They can help you save money by avoiding costly marketing mistakes and helping you optimize your budget for the best possible results.
Need help with your marketing?
Overall, the benefits of ‘done for you’ marketing for small business owners are clear. By outsourcing this aspect of your marketing efforts to an experienced professional, you can save time, money, and energy while also achieving better results.
From writing blogs, managing your SEO or creating a strategy for video marketing, there is so much potential for your business to grow.
If you’re looking for expert content marketing strategy services, get in touch for a free discovery call to discuss your business.
Find out more about hiring a Devon SEO pro.